Wednesday 4 January 2012

Dancing On Ice 2012: FULL list of celebs taking part and bios!

Skating legends Torvill and Dean unveil a stellar cast of celebrities ready to take on their biggest challenge in ITV1's hit series Dancing On Ice.

The show that sprinkles a touch of glitz and glamour to the cold winter months, returns to our screens and unwraps a bevy of well known stars, dazzling costumes and a host of twists and turns both on and off the ice.

The celebrities taking part in the 2012 series are: Dallas icon Charlene Tilton, Hollywood actor Corey Feldman, Sugababe Heidi Range, singer Chesney Hawkes, actress Laila Morse, diet and fitness guru Rosemary Conley, children's TV presenter Sam Nixon, actress Jennifer Ellison, TV presenter Andy Akinwolere, Emmerdale actor Matthew Wolfenden, Hollyoaks star Jorgie Porter, founder of freerunning Sébastien Foucan, Britain's top female skier Chemmy Alcott, and children TV presenter Mark Rhodes and Coronation Street star Andy Whyment.

The new series will be filmed live at Elstree studios and sees the skating stars compete each week to perform the specially choreographed routines live in the studio.

Phillip Schofield and new co-host Christine Bleakley will be rink side to present the 7th series and unveil an all new Ice Panel. Returning Head Judge Robin Cousins will be joined by double Olympic champion Katarina Witt and acclaimed chorographer Louie Spence who they will be ready and waiting to deliver their verdicts. Head coach Karen Barber returns to offer her expertise and support to the show's celebrity skaters.

Following in the footsteps of previous winners Sam Attwater, Hayley Tamaddon Ray Quinn, Suzanne Shaw, Kyran Bracken and Gaynor Faye, our skating stars will battle it out to win the approval of the all important judges, capture the hearts of the nation, and compete for the title of Dancing on Ice Champion 2012.

The series that introduced spectacular moves including the headbanger, will see our famous novices hoping to impress the voting public with their skating skills but who will be the first to fall over? Who will attempt some of the trickier manoeuvres and will anyone fall foul to injury?

Dancing On Ice is an ITV Studios production for ITV1. The series was commissioned by Elaine Bedell, Director of Entertainment and Comedy at ITV and Layla Smith, Controller of Entertainment at ITV. It is Executive Produced by Glenn Coomber and Katie Rawcliffe at ITV Studios.

Exclusive show previews and ice extras at www.itv.com/ice

Dancing On Ice website: Join the judging panel on your iPhone!

Keep up with all the sequins, spins, frills and spills from the rink at the www.itv.com/ice website - and on your iPhone.


We'll bring you the latest Dancing On Ice news, views and highlights - while skating legends Torvill & Dean will be giving us the hottest gossip from the training rink and a preview of what's coming up in the show.

Naturally, we'll have all the live skating performances, those all-important judges' comments and an exclusive chat with the latest star to be voted off the show.

The Ice Panel will also give us their take on the action, as we replay their highlights and get their full candid commentary on the major talking points on and off the ice!

This year, your views matter more than ever, as you can now also play along for fun and score every dance as they happen on the website or using our sparkling new Dancing On Ice iPhone app. Once you've watched your favourite performances, share your score with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.

You can also watch all their exclusive videos clips on your phone, too. So you can keep up with all the action wherever and whenever you want.

Louie Spence and Katarina Witt join the ice panel on the new series of Dancing On Ice.

TV personality and chorographer Louie Spence and two-time champion figure skater Katarina Witt will be joining resident Head Judge Robin Cousins on the ice panel when the show returns in the New Year.

Head coach Karen Barber returns to offer her expertise and support to the show's celebrity skaters.

Acclaimed chorographer Louie will draw on his wealth of experience in dance and choreography to offer his critique on the celebrities' performances. Currently the artistic director at Pineapple studios, Louie has worked with some of the world's biggest stars including Kylie Minogue, Robbie Williams and Mariah Carey, before becoming a household name with the observational series based at internationally renowned Pineapple Dance Studios.

An original member of the award winning cast of Miss Saigon, he earned the coveted title of Primo Ballerino and danced with stars including Whitney Houston and Tina Turner. In 2008 Louie was one of the trio of judges on the successful NBC prime-time show Celebrity Circus and was voted as one of the top ten reality show judges in America.

Katarina Witt dominated figure skating for over a decade winning a legion of medals and making her one of the most successful figure skaters of all time. She won Olympic Golds in both the 1984 Sarajevo (the same year as Torvill and Dean's legendary Bolero gold medal win) and 1988 Calgary Olympics. She retains the record of most consecutive European titles, sharing it with fellow skater Sonja Henie.

After retiring from competitive skating, the former model has continued to entertain audiences appearing in Holiday on Ice, and also made the leap into acting winning an Emmy for her title role in 1990 film Carmen on Ice. She has since been inducted into the World Figure Skating Hall of Fame.

Louie Spence said: "I'm looking forward to being part of such a challenging and spectacular show and I can't wait to give my encouragement and critique on the contestants' dance and performance on the ice."

Katarina Witt said: "I can't wait to join the Dancing On Ice judging panel. As well as offering support and constructive advice to this years' celebrity skaters I'm also looking forward to working alongside my close friends Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean.

Layla Smith, Controller of Entertainment, ITV said: "We are thrilled to welcome Louie and Katarina to the new Dancing On Ice panel. The pair have a wealth of experience which they will be bringing to the new series. Their unique flare and passion for their professions will doubtless make for some interesting debates.

Dancing On Ice is an ITV Studios production for ITV1.

The Stars:
Charlene Tilton
Age: 52
Professional partner: Matt Gonzalez

My goal is to have Jayne Torvill's butt. I'm going to put a picture of her toosh on my refrigerator for inspiration!

Dallas star Charlene Tilton is looking to Jayne Torvill for more than just skating tips. The American actress is hoping to leave the series with a 'toned' skaters bottom like the Olympic legend.

The star of the '80s legendary TV series is hoping the hours of training for the new series of Dancing On Ice will help her accomplish this goal.

Charlene says, "My goal is to have Jayne Torvill's butt. I'm going to put a picture of her toosh on my refrigerator. Skaters have that bottom that's lifted and toned, it's fantastic, they all have it!"

The self confessed lifelong 'skating fan' admits that the years of being glued to the TV watching her skating heroes as a child, is now helping her master the technique on the ice.

Charlene says, "I remember as a kid, we had a black and white television. I have always been such a fan of ice skating and we loved watching it. My skating partner Matt Gonzalez and Christopher Dean have said that I've got natural ability. I think it's just because I've watched it so much growing up, I just loved it."

The actress can't wait to meet her fellow cast mates but also getting the chance to show her family, friends and viewers at home what she can do on the ice!

She says, "I'm just really excited to meet the rest of the cast. When you are in a situation like this you make friends for life. It's such an intense experience. I'm also looking forward to surprising some people with what I can do. When you get to my age, it just comes to show what you can do. With concentration and hard work you can accomplish things, it all boils down to 'hard work pays off'."

She continues, "I'm very disciplined and when you fall you have got to get back on that horse!"

Known for her portrayal of the feisty Lucy Ewing, Charlene admits that she has to learn to toughen up but is enjoying the challenge.

She says, "I do have to toughen up I don't like the cold and I'm a big sissy! I'm not a physical, athletic person at all, so this is really out of my comfort zone."

She continues, "I have never done any sports and I am so un-athletic. I do not have the mindset of a competitor or the mind set to learn a sport or be physically active like that. I am as diligent as I am when it comes to rehearsing for a play or a television show and I'll just apply that work ethic to this!"

Chemmy Alcott

Age: 29

Professional partner: Sean Rice

I love to dance, I'm very uninhibited. I'm one of these people who hit the clubs, dancing wildly, and you're like 'Good on her, lets not copy it though!

She may have tackled some of the toughest slopes in the world but sportswoman Chemmy Alcott admits that she is having the time of her life learning a new skill for Dancing On Ice.

As Britain's number one skier for a record seven years, Chemmy admits that she has found a new passion in ice skating and it's helping her rehabilitation since recent skiing accident.

Chemmy said, "I have this massive opportunity with Dancing On Ice to do something that is going to help me get into the right state with my leg and with my sport and with my head. It's just amazing and I'm so grateful. The first few skating sessions that I did, the coach would say 'on your right leg, which is the one I broke, 'go on your outside edge'. It would take me 10 meters to make that connection from my head to my leg. If I was doing that in a skiing situation, downhill, that would have been disastrous. That's why I can't bounce back and do my racing straight away; I don't have that body control any more."

She continued, "This is teaching me to do it in a safe environment. I didn't realise I was going to find it tough with my leg. I've been doing rehab for the last eight months, and it hasn't been sports specific, it's just been labouring rehab. But being able to take part in Dancing On Ice has been an eye opener I worry because if I hadn't of done this, I would have rushed back to skiing and I would have not been ready."

The professional skier admits that whilst her sporting background helped at the start of her training it's now become a hindrance.

Chemmy says, "When I was a very beginner it was helpful because I had the discipline to know where my body was, but now that I'm getting better it's a huge hindrance because I have trained my body for 28 years, getting into a certain position. For instance I look out of the circle when I'm ice skating, so when I'm skiing I put all my pressure, and my body leans over but I have to do the exact opposite for ice skating and my body pattern doesn't work that way."

As the tallest female in the competition this year, Chemmy admits she was relieved to be paired with Sean Rice who is 6ft 2.

Chemmy said, "We've start doing the lifts which are massively exciting. To be honest Sean does a huge amount of work, because the forces are all over the shop when you're dancing with me, and he has to hold all of that. They can do that, that's why you get the professionals.

She added," I love practising lifts but I do get a little bit dizzy after the spirals and stuff. One of my best abilities is to be able to trust people, whether that's financially, emotionally, when I go into things I go 100%. I never hold anything back. I feel guilty a little bit because I see him working extremely hard, I'm like 'I'm sorry, I shouldn't have had that curry last night!'

Chemmy is hopeful she will be able to make the transition from the slopes to performing a choreographed routine.

She says, "I love to dance, I'm very uninhibited. I'm one of these people who hit the clubs, dancing wildly, and you're like 'Good on her, let's not copy it though.'

Chemmy continues, I saw Jennifer Ellison the other day and she just looks beautiful on the ice. After watching Jennifer I was like 'my God, I need to work harder!' Although I don't know how to work harder because I'm working as hard as I can go!"

Heidi Range

Age: 28

Professional partner: Sylvain Longchambon

I'm still going to the gym. I went after my first costume fitting because I thought 'you're going to be in lycra on HD TV!

Sugababes singer Heidi Range admits that she'll be glad when the nerves she is experiencing whilst training for Dancing On Ice become a thing of the past.

Having performed at some of the UK's biggest music venues, the pop star admits she really is feeling nervous about her first performance.

Heidi says "I'd love to get to the stage where I'm performing and enjoying it, rather than just feeling nervous. Its great now that we're at Elstree more and we keep bumping into everyone, it's really nice, it's like a little gang now and I'm enjoying getting to know everyone. I've had the chance to spend time with Jennifer Ellison and Jorgie Porter which was really nice."

Heidi continues, "My friends and family are so excited. I've got a list of people asking if they can come and watch! Even when I'm training my friends keep coming to watch us and they want to make banners and t shirts!"

The singer admits that she has already noticed a change in her body shape as she embarks on the strenuous training sessions for the series.

Heidi said, "I've found that to help with the skating its good to work on your core. For a number of the moves, you have to hold yourself from the stomach. Your stomach muscles have to be strong. I've got aches in random areas that I never knew I'd have an ache in.

She continues, "I'm still going to the gym. I went after my first costume fitting I thought 'you're in lycra on HD TV'! Since training for Dancing On Ice I have noticed my body changing shape slightly. My legs and my bottom seem more toned which is good!"

Paired with professional skater Sylvain, the singer says she's trying not to think about the competitiveness and is focussing on mastering her own routine.

Heidi says, "I saw Sebastian Foucan the other day and he's really good. I don't really like watching the others as I don't want them to feel uncomfortable! I'd like to stay in the show for as long as possible. I'd really like to be there for a while to do different routines. It would be such a shame to do all this training, do the first show and go home!

She continues, "Sylvain is such a nice fella. He pushes me but not in an aggressive way. He'll be tough with me and then be like 'right do it on your own now'. I do the moves with him and I've got no weight on him, but it's just the fact I know he's there if I was going to fall! It's a confidence thing."

Jennifer Ellison

Age: 28

Skating partner: Daniel Whiston

I couldn't cook when I went into Hell's Kitchen and I did pretty well at that. I just need to learn to skate and I will be OK.

Actress and self confessed Dancing On Ice fan, Jennifer Ellison is thrilled to be taking part in the new series.

The actress reveals that she and her family have watched previous series and it was her mum that convinced her to take part.

Jennifer says, "As a family Dancing on Ice is something that we all love. Every year we all sit there on the sofa and watch it. I'm always saying 'I'd love to do that one year', and my mum is always saying you should but my husband is like 'no, no she will break every bone in her body and lose her teeth!'"

She continued, "Having a dance background (to me) Torvill and Dean are icons. I remember when I was doing a modern dance championship and my mum copied one of the costumes that Jayne wore a year after the Bolero. My version didn't look very good but I thought it was fabulous."

The mum of one is relishing the challenge and says the show is helping regain her fitness.

Jennifer says, "It's a huge personal challenge because I seem to have just been a mum for and I've loved every minute of it. It's funny because I've said to myself I need to get back into work."

She continues, "I used to be very sporty but since having a baby that's kind of all gone and I haven't really been to the gym for a long time. I'm literally starting from scratch, fitness wise. I have put myself on a diet and I'm going to go to the gym. It's a big massive thing personally for me, it's not just about doing a show.

The actress admits that the one thing she is most looking forward to is dressing up each week in the skating costumes.

Jennifer says, "I am really looking forward to the costumes. I think that's one of the best parts about the show when you watch each week and you see somebody come out and you can see what they are wearing. I'm going to look like a human Girl's World or Barbie Doll!"

She continues, "I'm looking forward to learning to ice skate, putting the hours in and trying my best and seeing what results I get. I couldn't cook when I went into Hell's Kitchen and I did pretty well at that. I just need to learn to skate and I will be OK."

Jorgie Porter

Age: 23

Professional partner: Matt Evers

Forget the headbanger. We've already practised lifts scarier than that!

Hollyoaks favourite Jorgie Porter has unleashed her inner dare devil and has already started learning difficult lifts as she trains for the new series of Dancing On Ice.

Paired with Matt Evers who first unveiled the legendary headbanger with partner Bonnie Langford in the first series, Jorgie admits she's not fazed by this iconic skating trick.

Jorgie says, "I want to do the headbanger, I'm not scared. We've done lifts already which I think are even scarier than that! Matt literally holds me up with one hand on my bum cheek! I think there are scarier things than the head banger. The hardest thing is getting out of the lifts as you've got to land on your foot, if you can't find your foot you're in trouble!"

She continues, "I worry about falling over on the live shows or getting the routine wrong, not being in time with the music or worst still, slapping Matt in the privates with my skates. It can happen!"

Following in the footsteps of fellow cast mates Kieron Richardson and Jennifer Metcalfe who have both appeared on previous series, the actress reveals she's been quizzing them about their time on the show.

Jorgie says, "I've been speaking to Kieron and Jen about Dancing On Ice. Kieran was like 'Oh my God you're going to love it. They've literally told me the schedules of what happens in what month and have both said that they really miss it! Jen told me not to be scared and that she would have done a lot more if she hadn't been so scared."

The actress is looking forward to all the glitz and glamour when the live shows start in the New Year.

Jorgie says, "I'm looking forward to the sequins, the make up and the hair! Also I'm enjoying learning a skill that I can do every Christmas. It's not like scuba diving where you have to go out there and find it, these rinks pop up everywhere!

She continues, "I think I did lose a little bit of weight when I first started and I've started to notice my bottom, legs and thighs are toned! I woke up one day and I had to pick up my own leg to put my pants on, I was like 'this is so painful!'"

Jorgie admits that her family are thrilled she is taking part in the series and have already designed the banner they plan to hold whilst watching in the audience.

She says, "My family can't really believe it but they're very excited and want to come and see me. They've even made a banner of support and have mentioned getting t-shirts made. My mum keeps everything so even if I get voted off, my mum will cut things out of the magazines and stick it in a folder!"

Laila Morse

Age: 66

Professional partner: Lukasz Rozycki

I can't wait! I'm looking forward to the sparkles, false eyelashes and the spray tans; we'll all skate out each Sunday looking like we've been tangoed.

Actress Laila Morse maybe the oldest contestant in the competition this series but she's looking forward to the challenge of learning a new skill.

Having watched former cast mate Danniella Westbrook take part in the series in 2010, Laila can't wait to finally meeting all of her fellow celebrities.

With training for the series underway, the popular TV actress admits she is ready to embrace the whole Dancing On Ice experience.

Laila says, "My friends and family all think I'm mad, skating at my age but it's a challenge and they did say they'll all come down so I'll have a full house in the audience!"

She continues, "I'm looking forward to being apart of the whole show and especially meeting the other celebrities. I've already bumped into Heidi Range from the Sugababes and Andy Whyment from Corrie and we were all chatting about our training."

The TV star reveals that she's not fazed by skating live on national TV but is hoping that she doesn't fall over.

Laila says, "My only worry is if I make mistakes, fall over or trip up. But I'm not thinking about that I'm just going to try and enjoy it. Skating is a lot harder; the professionals make it look so easy!"

As the live shows are fast approaching, Laila is ready to embrace the daring costumes and sparkle associated with the show.

Laila says, "I can't wait for all of it, the sparkles, false eyelashes and tans; It's like being pampered! We'll be skating out each Sunday looking like we've been tangoed!"

Laila is teamed with professional skater Lukasz Rozycki and the pair are already forging a strong partnership.

She says, "(Lukasz) is a really nice guy and we get on well. He knows my limitations which helps!

Laila continues, "I remember watching Jayne and Chris performing the Bolero. They are fabulous skaters. It was lovely to watch."

Rosemary Conley

Age: 64

Professional partner: Mark Hanretty

Dancing On Ice has made me feel like I'm 25 again! My husband has said he's never seen me so happy in the 28 years that we've been together!

Diet and fitness guru Rosemary Conley admits she's having the time of her life rehearsing for the new series of Dancing On Ice, so much so her husband has commented that he's never seen her so happy.

Partnered with professional skater, Mark Hanretty, Rosemary brings them both pack lunches to ensure they are eating the right foods before training.

Rosemary says, "The only healthy thing that I'm doing is eating more which I can with all the exercising I am doing. I take Mark's lunch everyday because I want to make sure that he is going to be well looked after. So while I'm packing my own lunch, I'm packing his as well."

She continues, "To be honest I'm not suffering with any aches and pains. I always do my stretches afterwards and we always warm up carefully and Mark is very thorough with his tuition and his discipline, how to look after us and so on. I just want to get to January in one piece. I've been on the ceiling with excitement since I started training; my husband has said he's never seen me so happy in the 28 years that we've been together!"

Rosemary reveals that she was at first intimated when she met skating legends Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean.

She says, "It's almost like you can't describe your first meeting with Torvill and Dean and it's because you've just got so much respect for them they are such unique and amazing skaters in their own right but they're just so genuinely lovely. Before the programme I was a bit intimidated by Christopher Dean, and in actual fact he's absolutely lovely. The reason I've been intimidated by him is because I've picked up over the various series that he's asked people to do things that are really quite tough and after all that he's just a hard task master but he's been totally lovely and Jayne Torvill is a joy."

Having earned huge respect for her diet and fitness advice, Rosemary admits that skating is teaching her to get into poses she never thought possible!

She says, "I'm certainly getting my body into positions I didn't know I ever could and I'm certainly bending backwards more than I thought I ever would or could!"

Rosemary continues, "I'm dreading throwing up after I've done a spin on the ice! Last week we practiced the spin but when Mark put me back down on the ice, I couldn't get up! When I got home, I couldn't eat my dinner - it took me four hours recover!

Andy Akinwolere

Age: 29

Professional partner: Maria Filippov

I'm from Africa we were born with rhythm! I'm hoping that if my hips do a little bit of wiggling, it will distract from the fact that I'm a really bad skater!

Former Blue Peter presenter Andy Akinwolere is hoping skating partner Maria Fillapov will be able to turn him into this year's Ray Quinn.

Maria won series four of Dancing On Ice with Ray in 2009 and Andy admits there is pressure, and hopes the audience will enjoy his routines.

Andy says, "I saw Ray win, he raised the bar for male contestants. There's a pressure for any male that wants to come into Dancing On Ice to give it 100 percent and guys can be competitive but in a very sly way! I just want to try stuff that takes me out of my comfort zone, I really want to put on a good show for people and hope that they can see the progress I've have made."

He continues, "I was chuffed when I first met my skating partner. Maria seeks perfection and I think that's the sort of person I need. I'm a little bit scared of her because she wants things to look good and actually it's become a respect thing which I really like. I really respect her as a person. I like her style anyway and when you see her doing the dancing it's actually dream worthy; honestly she's so fluid and her lines are brilliant."

However there is one part of the show that Andy is not looking forward to and that's the Dancing On Ice costumes.

He says, "I'm not sure I'm ready for spandex and lycra! I'm a bit worried about my bottom sticking out in lycra! I don't usually think about these things but the other day I was like, 'you've actually got quite a big ass', but we'll see; this is a whole different kettle of fish, we're talking sparkles and sequins!"

Whilst the presenter is revelling in learning a new skill, he admits it's now dominating his life and he's even practising his skating steps whilst walking down the street.

Andy says, "I'm not only dreaming about it but I'm also practising in my living room, you've got to get the points really well and you've got to get them done precisely. So if I'm standing in my living room trying to do a cross over, I'm thinking about the position of my legs and the position of my arms. I caught myself walking down the street the other day practising a few barrel rolls."

He continues, "I'm one of these people that if I do something I want to do it really well. I want to give it as much effort as possible. With Dancing on Ice you really do have to give it 100 percent, otherwise you won't see any results. I'm also really impatient with myself and that's my biggest problem. I'm learning to sit back, relax, because then I wouldn't get any results. By the end of this I would have learnt a phenomenal skill and I love learning new things"

Andy Whyment

Age: 30

Professional partner: Vicky Ogden

All the lads from Corrie have been winding me up saying 'It's going to be like bambi on ice', and then they add 'when I watch it, I'll be hoping you fall!

Coronation Street favourite Andy Whyment admits he never imagined taking part in Dancing On Ice but is feeling proud of his achievements so far even if he has to take constant mocking from his cast mates.

He says, "I'm looking forward to the whole thing. It's made me quite proud of myself. I remember watching the series last year with Steven Arnold and thinking 'they're all mad!', then this year I'm doing it! Watching Stevie last year, I would've never imagined doing it this year. It's a whirlwind, every time I get on the ice I still think I'm mad for doing it!

Andy continues, "All the lads from work have been winding me up saying 'It's going to be like bambi on ice', and then they add 'when I watch it, I'll be hoping you fall.'"

Andy admits that the first few weeks of training were tough but he's now starting to enjoy being on the ice.

Andy says, "I'm enjoying more now. I'm sure everyone is in the same predicament because when it comes to that first day, we're all out of our comfort zone. I've been putting everything I can into it because I don't want to go out there and make a fool out of myself. I always said I'd put a hundred and ten percent in and that's what I'm doing. I'm not going to be an absolutely amazing skater but I'm not going to be dreadful either!

"It's quite easy to stand up and skate around in a circle, I think most people can do that. It's when you start putting in movements, knowing what side of the blade to be on; I just find it really difficult. To be honest with you I'm quite proud of myself, because I wouldn't of thought I'd be doing half the stuff I'm doing now! The more you work on it, the better you'll get."

He continues, "We tried a new lift today, and as soon as I lifted my skating partner, I landed straight onto my bottom! It wasn't a high one, she just put her legs around my waist but I had my weight too far forward as soon as she jumped, I tried to compensate for it and went flat on my back side. I'm not scared of falling. I'd be mortified but Vicky wouldn't ask me to do anything that she didn't think I could do."

With the live shows looming Andy reveals that he's not worried about wearing the tight skating outfits but is dreading the customary spray tans.

Andy says, "I wear those tight lycra tops when I'm in training because they keep you warm, it's obviously not sequiny! I'm getting used to wearing them now so the costumes don't bother me! But I said to the production team that I'm definitely not getting a spray tan! I'm all natural! It's absolutely not happening!

The actor admits that whilst he's competitive he's not thinking about the competitive side to the show instead he's much more interested in having fun.

Andy says, "I am competitive but there's always going to be better skaters there than I am. There are always three or four really good skaters, so I won't be one of them. I'm not really looking at rivals. I just want to enjoy myself and just get the most out of it as I can."

Chesney Hawkes

Age: 40

Professional partner: Jodeyne Higgins

I'm throwing myself into it 100% percent...well as much as I can with 3 jobs and 3 kids.

Singer Chesney Hawkes admits he's not afraid to bare his chest in a skating outfits for the new series of Dancing On Ice.

With the full backing of his family, Chesney says he's ready to embrace the tight spandex outfit and has challenged the costume team to 'bring it on.'

Chesney says, "I'm trying not to think about the live shows! I guess the thing I'm most looking forward to is having my kids there. I'm really excited to see their little faces watching daddy in spandex! I had a meeting with the costume designer and he asked if there was anything I wouldn't like to wear and I was like 'No! Bring it on!' He then asked, 'so you don't mind showing a bit of breast?' and I was like 'no not at all!'

The singer revealed he was shocked to find out family friend and Britain's number one female skier Chemmy Alcott will also be taking part in the series.

He said, "Chemmy and I are mates, she's friends with my wife. Obviously we're not allowed to say anything, so my first day at the rink I saw Chemmy and I said 'what are you doing here?' and she said 'DOI, what are you doing here?', 'DOI'!

Chesney continues, "We often banter about who is going to win, Chemmy jokes that its going to be her but she doesn't realise the power of the hawk."

Chesney's biggest fear is following in the same footsteps as actor and previous Dancing On Ice contestant Todd Carty and almost have an accident live on national TV.

Chesney says, "I guess I'm dreading doing a 'Todd Carty' really and not being ready technically. I just want to be comfortable and being able to do the steps second nature. It's when you think too much is when it all goes wrong."

He continues, "The fact is we're all out of our comfort zone here, we're not professional skaters. We're all going to give it our all and our best, and if our best is not up to their standards, I'm sure we'll get judged accordingly and I'm quite happy to take anything. Plus I'll give as much as I get."

Chesney revealed that whilst he's happy with his progress on the ice so far he admits he's not quite at the standard of last year's champion, Sam Attwater.

He says, "I can skate backwards now. I think in the early stages it's about feeling every step, taking baby steps. I think I'm quite good with footwork now, but then you're posture goes out when you're thinking about one thing, which is what happens when you're learning, before it comes second nature. Unless you're a natural like Sam (Attwater) last year."

Corey Feldman

Age: 40

Professional partner: Brooke Castile

I have no fear when it comes to confrontation, being direct, being honest, upfront but when it comes to say a paper cut, I'll cry all day! I have a very low thresh hold for pain

Hollywood actor Corey Feldman admits that whilst he's excited to be taking part in the new series of Dancing On Ice his biggest fear is falling on the ice.

Star of hit films such as The Lost Boys, The Goonies and Stand By Me, Corey reveals that his biggest fear is hurting himself.

Corey says, "I have no fear when it comes to confrontation being direct, being honest, upfront but when it comes to like a paper cut I'll cry all day! I have a very low thresh hold for pain I am a little but wimpy when it comes to that stuff. I really am scared of hurting myself."

He continues, "I love the dancing part, that's the easy part because it's a part of me. Rhythm and I we're together but when it comes to being on ice that's the challenging part. Ice is a very tricky thing and I have had a skiing accident once where I broke my scapular and slipped two discs so I know that it's a very fragile thing. You can make one wrong move and you can lose control. So I know that happens, I know that's possible and that's the part I'm afraid of, the things that go beyond your control!"

Corey admits that whilst he's enjoying the chance to learn a new skill, he's approaching his training with some trepidation.

He says, "I would love to impress myself. I would be so amazed if I come out of this having this brand new gift, this brand new skill, which I think is possible or I wouldn't be here. However I also think it's quite possible I will fail miserably and end up flat on my face!"

Corey continues, "I'm excited, I'm looking forward to the opportunity and the challenge. I want to make sure I do a good job and I don't screw up. I think the key for me is not too be too over confident and not to expect too much out of myself and just take it slow. This is going to be a big learning curve for me, so in the beginning all I want to do is patiently observe and learn and try things in a very slow building process so that I really soak it all in and do the best that I can."

The American star is looking forward to spending time in the UK and admits that one of the reasons for doing the show was for his UK based fans.

Corey says, "There's a lot of reasons why I want to be here, number one first and foremost this is for the British fans because I know they will love the opportunity to have me around, close in the vicinity where they can actually come and be a part if it."

He continues, "I'm really excited about the idea that I get to spend a long period of time in England because I love it so much the culture, the music, the fashion."

A self confessed 'workaholic' Corey says he's hoping the judge's critiques won't be too harsh!

Corey says, "I am very sensitive so hopefully the judges won't be too mean. I'm very driven, very motivated and if anybody's going to put the pressure on its going to be me doing it to myself. I'm a very hard worker, I'm a workaholic I work best under pressure, I need to focus I have so much energy brewing inside me that I really have to take it and focus it otherwise its all over the universe."

Mark Rhodes

Age: 30

Professional partner: Frankie

Sam Nixon would be lying if he didn't admit that we both want to out do each other!

Children's TV presenter Mark Rhodes is getting ready to step out with a new partner, Frankie Poultney when he steps onto the ice for the new series' of hit entertainment show Dancing On Ice.

Viewers will see Mark and TV partner Sam Nixon, who have been presenting together for nearly a decade, competing against each other for the first time since their first they met Pop Idol back in 2003.

Mark says, "It's really weird because me and Sam have crossed paths when starting a session and we're like talking to each other in code as its secret at the moment. We've not been in competition with each other since Pop Idol years ago so it's a bit odd! Whilst we will be supporting each other, Sam would be lying if he said we both want to out do each other!"

He continues, "I think Andy from Blue Peter is going to do really well because he's a fit lad; I've played football with him a lot. Heidi from the Sugababes looks athletic and I've seen her practising and she's really good. I don't think I want to watch anyone else do it because it makes me more nervous!"

Mark admits he's already noticing a change in his physique since he started rehearsals for the series.

He says, "I've lost about six pounds, it's amazing! The thing is you use muscles that you never ever thought you had and it's just so hard on those muscles that you've not used before. I'm used to playing football, but it's a completely different sport and it's completely different muscles that you're using. You do get a bit achy, but it's good for fitness definitely; It's the best fitness slavery I've ever had!"

He continues, "I've been stocking up on the carbs, but I always used to do that anyway before I started training for Dancing On Ice but I have cut out a lot of alcohol because dehydrates you and I've been having more water. I've been going to the toilet every five minutes!"

With the live shows starting in the New Year, Mark admits that he's nervous about stepping onto the ice in front of an audience.

Sam says, "I'm not dreading the outfits because as children's television presenters this is will be bland in comparison! I'm nervous about that first routine. When they call out our name and you skate onto the ice, all that hard work for just a one minute routine, with millions of people watching the show I don't want to make a fool of myself! If I am lucky enough to stay in after that first performance I think I'll be a little bit more chilled to the whole magnitude of the event!"

He continues, "Ice skating is the hardest sport I've ever tried and will ever try! Sam and I have done some crazy stuff for cameras like synchronized swimming! But I've got so much respect for the professionals that make it look easy because it's one of the hardest disciplines that I've ever seen. To make it look easy, you've got to put in so much graft!"

Matthew Wolfenden

Age: 30

Professional partner: Nina Ulanova

"I'm quite looking forward to the outfits! I'm going to be proper blinged up! The lads down the pub will take the mickey but they all want tickets!"

Emmerdale actor Matthew Wolfenden admits he's feeling the pressure as he attempts to follow in the footsteps of former Dancing On Ice winner and fellow soap colleague Hayley Tamaddon.

Convinced to take part in the series by fiancée and fellow Emmerdale actress Charley Webb, Matthew says as the first male from the soap to appear he's got 'a lot to live up to.'

He says, "My fiancée Charley is a massive fan of Dancing On Ice and has said for the last few years that I should give it a bash but I've always chickened out. It was Charley who pushed me in the right direction, and I'm glad she did because I'm loving it."

Matthew continues, "Training for Dancing On Ice is tiring, it's hard work. I'm training in the morning or the evening depending on which way I can fit it around my filming. There's been number of Emmerdale cast members who have taken part in Dancing On Ice but I'm the first male so I've got a lot to live up to."

Having trained as a gymnast and dancer, Matthew reveals that Dancing On Ice is pushing his fitness regime to the limits.

He says, "I've always worked out. I've gone to the gym all my life. I've grown up doing gymnastics and then I was trained as a dancer. I've enjoyed learning a new skill but since training for Dancing On Ice I have found new muscles I didn't know I had in my legs, they're absolutely killing me! Being a dancer has helped me with my upper body but it also hindered me a little, you have to use a different foot or take off slightly different than if you were dancing normally on the ground, instead of the slippery stuff."

Matthew continues, "I'm enjoying working with my skating partner Nina. Over the weeks we've been learning lifts off the ice and a few fancy tricks but it's just trying doing it with the skates on! The skates are quite heavy so its fine lifting Nina without the skates on, then you get the skates on and to be honest, the skates nearly weigh as much as she does."

Undeterred by the skating costumes, Matthew is also hoping to follow in Chris Fountain and Ray Quinn's footsteps by attempting difficult jumps on the live shows.

Matthew says, "I'm looking forward to the outfits! I'm going to be proper blinged up. The lads down the pub will take the mickey but they all want tickets."

He continues, "We've been working a lot on jumps and I'm hoping, if I'm lucky enough to stay in that I will be able to attempt an axel at some point in the competition. I'm a bit nervous about trying the head banger it looks ridiculously scary, not necessarily for me but for my skating partner, Nina."

Sam Nixon

Age: 25

Professional partner: Alexandra Schauman

I've been looking at clips of Ray Quinn performing on Dancing On Ice which is stupid because there's no way I'm going to be anywhere near as good as that!

Children's TV presenter Sam Nixon admits he's been watching recordings of former Dancing On Ice champion Ray Quinn's performances on the show for inspiration as he prepares to take to the ice in the new series.

Viewers will see Sam competing against his TV partner Mark Rhodes as they prepare to go head to head on the show.

Sam says, "I've watched previous series of Dancing On Ice but since taking part I've been watching clips of previous performances. I must admit Ray Quinn's the one that I've been looking at a lot, which is stupid because there's no way I'm going to be anywhere near as good as that! But it's just amazing to watch him. It does massively inspire you, he's just fantastic."

He continues, "I would love the thought of being able to leave the ice and do even just a little jump. But at the minute we've not practised jumps; I'm a million miles away from that. But the thought of me being able to do it excites me. Whether I'll be able to do it is another story. I think that would be a massive achievement for me, but at the minute I'm content with mastering the basic steps!"

With the new series starting shortly on ITV1, Sam admits he's not fazed by the bright and often daring skating costumes and training for the show has revealed a different side to his character.

Sam said, "I suppose it would be a nice little victory for both myself and Mark if one of us did better than the other. It's weird because we've have not seen each other train. We do everything together, but with this we're doing it separately; we don't know how each other are doing. I think I've realised that I'm a perfectionist, so if I'm lucky to stay in longer that one week, I think I'll want to get better and better at this!"

He continues, "At the minute I think I'm getting better as the weeks going on which is good and I just want that to carry on. If I know I've given it my best, that's what I'll look forward to the most."

The TV star reveals that whilst he's attempting to master basic skating he's nervous of learning the chorography for his first routine.

Sam says, "At the minute we're just doing the basics of skating and I think as soon as they throw in a bit of choreography I am a little nervous about that I must admit! Doing spins also terrifies me because I get so dizzy so quickly. I'm dreading the spins. Also I've got no idea what my face is going to look like because at the minute it's just full on concentration!"

Sebastian Foucan

Age: 37

Professional partner: Brianne Delcourt

Freerunning on land is very different to on ice so it's a bit early to know if I can incorporate any of my moves, for now, I am still learning the basics.

Sébastien Foucan may have founded 'freerunning' but admits learning how to skate for ITV1's Dancing On Ice has been much harder than he anticipated.

Sébastien said, "I would say ice skating is different from what I thought, it's harder and it's a difficult task, even just co-ordination and balance when you are on the ice. There's also always about five things to remember at once but I don't feel scared so am not afraid to push myself to try new things."

He continues, "Ice skating is absolutely different from what I am used to doing. The muscles we are using are different, so they are becoming more defined. I am aching a bit in places I not used to working so much, but in a good way! I'm having a great experience in the learning process and I am looking forward to the performances and meeting all the other celebrities properly.

The French star's jaw dropping skills have even made Hollywood sit up and take notice and earned him a role hit movie Casino Royale alongside Daniel Craig and Sébastien's hoping he can bring his unique blend of skill and flair to the ice.

He said, "I know it is a competition but I am here to challenge myself. It's like nothing I have done before so it's hard to know how well I will compare to the other celebrity skaters. My aim is to be a good ice skater and work perfectly with my partner as one and if we can amaze people by our performance that would be great. I see it more as an art form and that is why I love it and I really want to do a really beautiful performance on the ice!

Teamed with skating professional Brianne Delcourt, who won the competition last year with Sam Attwater, Sébastien admits he's feeling the pressure to repeat her success.

He said, "Brianne won last series with a great partner (Sam Attwater) and I know they worked really hard so there's a lot to live up to. I just want to do my very best, for her too.

"I put a lot of pressure on myself. I am really amazed by Brianne's skill, she is an incredible skater and I want to do better all the time. Even though I haven't known her for very long we are getting on well. I know its all part of the show and performance but I hope I will not look ridiculous in the costumes! I don't want to leave the show too early either, so I could say I am dreading the time when we get voted off!"

Q&A with Hosts Philip Schofield and Christine Bleakley:-

Philip Schofield

What has been your favourite moment?

For me it was Tony Gubba's commentary, after Todd Carty had spun out of control. Tony Gubba is a very serious sports commentator and it was his commentary that was funny, as he only just held it together. Todd was very funny but it was the fact that Tony nearly lost it that made me laugh even more!

What has been your stand out performance from any series?

Vanilla Ice skating to his own song, Ice Ice Baby last series. He just made me laugh and smile and the madness of having Vanilla ice skate to his own song!

Tell us a little secret about filming for Dancing on Ice?

Weirdly, I have to pull my socks up before we go up the steps, and out on the opening of the show. You can guarantee by the time the announcer is saying ladies and gentleman please welcome your hosts I'm pulling up my socks.

Christine Bleakley will be presenting alongside you on this series plus Katarina Witt and Louie Spence are joining the judging panel what would be your advice to them about being a part of the show?

Enjoy it, be yourself and be honest.

We're now on series seven of Dancing On Ice does it surprise you with how popular the series has remained with the British public?

Yes and I don't think there is any better antidote to freezing cold evenings. It's great as it sees us all the way through the winter. It's a big family show where you have the glamour; showbiz; campness and the jeopardy. What's great is it's a show that you can sit down and watch with the whole family, and everybody has got a favourite. I think there is no better way to spend your winter evenings.

Christine Bleakley

You will be hosting Dancing on Ice along side Phillip Schofield, what are you most looking forward too and why?

I'm looking forward to absolutely every aspect. Working alongside the Ice King Phillip Schofield and the legends that are Torvill and Dean are obvious highlights but the show is one of my favourites and I can't quite believe I'm going to be part of it.

Have you seen the show before? What has been your stand out performance from any series or favourite celebrity ice skater?

I've watched every series and love it. I really enjoyed Hayley Tamaddon and Ray Quinn's performances but we always need a bit of loveable comedy and Todd Carty always provided us with that.

Have you ever ice skated, and if so how good are you on the ice?

I've skated maybe three times in my life and was utterly useless. Fear takes over and I visualise all the potential injuries I might inflict.

Having appeared on Strictly Come Dancing do you have any tips for the celebrities who will be stepping out of their comfort zone?

I will completely understand how they feel. It is a nerve wrecking experience doing any kind of performance you're not use to but by adding skates and potential injuries the celebrities will be outside of any comfort zone they've been used to. Whilst on Strictly people kept saying "just relax and enjoy it" which was the complete opposite of what I was and could feel so I'll avoid that one. The key is really getting along and understanding and respecting your partner. If the celebrities can do that then they'll have the best time ever.

The judges critiques can often spark debate with the celebrities - any tips?

Some of my critiques on Strictly seemed pretty harsh. I think I'll be sympathetic and understanding to what the celebrities are going through and possibly a little protective of them too.


Dancing On Ice Live Tour 2012

Torvill & Dean's UK Tour Starts In April For An Incredible Sixth Year

On 25th November 2011 tickets will go on general sale for Dancing on Ice The Live Tour 2012 (priority sale from 23rd November). After wowing more than a million people across the country in previous years with stunning ice performances, skating legends Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean will headline the sixth live UK tour of Dancing on Ice and lead an all-star celebrity line-up to arenas across the country, starting on Friday 13th April 2012 in Newcastle.

All of the celebrities will be trained and choreographed by Torvill & Dean, who will also perform on the tour. The celebrity line-up will be announced soon, together with the panel of rink-side judges who will critique their performances.

The three-and-a-half week UK tour will travel to arenas in Newcastle, London, Manchester, Nottingham, Sheffield, Birmingham, Liverpool and Glasgow. At each performance the audience can vote for their favourite celebrity skater. Using the same format as the hit ITV1 show, spectators can use their mobile phones to text vote for their favourite celebrity. Audience votes will then be added to scores from the judges to decide the overall celebrity winner. The winning couple then take to the ice for a magical finale performance. As with previous tours, all profits from text voting will go to charity. An impressive £106,475 has been raised to date and has been donated to the Royal London Society For The Blind and Demelza Hospice Care for Children.

This year the Dancing On Ice Tour has started the DOI Super Fan initiative where ticket holders will be given a web address through which they can upload their name and image. Their name will then appear in the tour programme and their photo will form part of a unique tour poster for the show!

A DVD of the 2011 tour has been released by NBC Universal, priced £19.99. It captures the entire live arena experience featuring a full length show filmed during last year's tour. As well as stunning live performances from ice legends Torvill & Dean, there are also routines from the 2011 Dancing on Ice winner, EastEnders actor, Sam Attwater.

The seventh series of Dancing on Ice starts on ITV1 in January 2012.

Dancing On Ice Tour 2012

13-15 April - Newcastle: Metro Radio Arena 0844 493 6666
(Friday 13th at 7.30pm, Saturday 14th at 2.30pm & 7.30pm, Sunday 15th at 1.30pm)

17 April - London: Wembley Arena 0844 815 0815
(Tuesday 17th at 4.30pm and 8.00pm)

18-19 April - Manchester: Evening News Arena 0844 847 8000
(Wednesday 18th at 7.30pm, Thursday 19th at 7.30pm)

20-22 April - Nottingham: Capital FM Arena 0844 412 4624
(Friday 20th at 7.30pm, Saturday 21st at 2.30pm & 7.30pm, Sunday 22nd at 1.30pm)

24-26 April - Sheffield: Motorpoint Arena 0114 256 5656
(Tuesday 24th at 7.30pm, Wednesday 25th April at 7.30pm, Thursday 26th April at 7.30pm)

27-29 April - Birmingham: NIA 0844 338 8000
(Friday 27th at 7.30pm, Saturday 28th at 2.30pm & 7.30pm, Sunday 29th at 1.30pm)

1-2 May - Liverpool: Echo Arena 0844 800 0400
(Tuesday 1st May at 7.30pm, Wednesday 2nd May at 2.30pm and 7.30pm)

4-7 May - Glasgow: SECC 0844 395 4000
(Friday 4th May at 7.30pm, Saturday 5th May at 2.30pm &7.30pm, Sunday 6th May at 1.30pm & 6.30pm, Monday 7th May at 2.30pm)

To book tickets please contact the venue or call 08444 99 99 55.
For online bookings please visit www.ticketzone.co.uk or for more information please visit http://www.dancingonicetour.co.uk/

Tickets will be going on general sale from 9am on 25th November 2011.
(Tickets will be going on sale from 9am on 23rd November for O2 pre-sale tickets, 9am on 24th November for Live Nation, past bookers, DOI Website Registrants & venue pre-sales)

Ticket Prices:

Ice Side: £67.50 (Saturday evening) / £57.50 (all other performances) All Other Tickets: £42.50 and £32.50

Family Ticket Offer - Available until 31 December 2011 (subject to availability)
2 adults and 2 children under 14years old (must be under 14years on the date of the show)
Not available on any rink-side premium seats.

£125 in the £42.50 seats and £90 in the £32.50 seats
Pensioner Ticket Offer -Subject To Availability
Half price on £42.50(£21.25) and £32.50 tickets (£16.25)for matinee performances
Group Bookings - Subject To Availability
1 in 10 tickets free (in £42.50 and £32.50 price bracket only). Available for all shows EXCEPT Saturday performances.

Booking offer - Subject To Availability.
Available through Ticketzone. Buy your ticket by midnight on 4th December 2011 and pay £10 now and the balance on 29th February 2012. Please note remaining payment will be taken automatically on 29th February 2012.

Dancing on Ice...Personalised Gifts

A must for every fan or would be Torvill and Dean...their very own, personalised Dancing on Ice goodies.

Whether it's a mug, poster or notebook or even their own spoof front page - you can make your friends and family a skating celebrity at their own desk or breakfast table!

Personalise the only officially licensed Dancing on Ice mug with ANY NAME and BEVERAGE and sip your favourite drink in style, be it a lovely cuppa at home or a steaming mug of hot chocolate rink-side. This mug demands the attention of any keen viewer of the acclaimed celebrity ice skating show!
Personalise your Mug - RRP £9.99

For the full range of personalised Dancing on Ice gifts go to

http://www.gonedigging.co.uk/dancing-on-ice-personalised-gifts/

Or for dazzling dress up outfits for the little skater in your life, go to

http://www.itv.com/shop/im-a-celebrity

No comments:

Post a Comment